So you’ve set you goals for the new year with enthusiasm and determination. You may have started out well, and are struggling to stay motivated, or are still sitting wondering where to start. This is all quite normal when big dreams seem impossible, or old habits kick in and your thoughts turn to starting tomorrow, next week, after payday…
So what's holding you back?
The way you think and feel about yourself, including your beliefs and expectations about what is possible for you, determines everything that happens to you. When you change the quality of your thinking, you change the quality of your life, sometimes instantly. This is the key to getting starting and staying on the right path.
You have complete control over only one thing in the universe — your thinking! You can decide what you are going to think in any given situation. Your thoughts and feelings determine your actions and determine the results you get. It all starts with your thoughts.
Big goals require baby steps and consistency to keep you on track, I have compiled a list of 15 of the best motivational quotes for the new year so you can start the year by taking control of your thoughts, thinking positively and setting new goals.
1) ‘The best way to get started is to quit talking, and begin doing’ – Walt Disney
2) “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” -Winston Churchill
3) “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” -Will Rogers
4) “You learn more from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.”- Unknown
5) “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.”- Vince Lombardi
6) “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.”- Steve Jobs
7) “Imagine your life is perfect in every respect; what would it look like?”- Brian Tracy
8) “We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.”- Dr. Henry Link
9) “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.”- Henry Ford
10) “The man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others.”- Hasidic Proverb
11) “Creativity is intelligence having fun.”- Albert Einstein
12) “Develop an ‘Attitude of Gratitude’. Say thank you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you.”- Brian Tracy
13) “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”- C.S. Lewis
14) “Reading is to the mind, as exercise is to the body.”- Brian Tracy
15) “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’ “– Audrey Hepburn